20 Minute Yoga Workout: Powerful Yoga to Lose Weight in 10 Days
If you’re trying to lose weight… yoga may help! In this post, we bring, 20-minute powerful yoga to lose weight in 10 days with 10 easy yoga poses to help you lose belly fat fast.
Do you think that yoga is something to be done for internal peace and it is a practice to be carried out by monks only?
You may need to rethink your postulate as not only yoga improves your mental health but also helps in weight loss. Yoga helps you to burn fat effectively and tones up your muscles.
It seems quite unbelievable that someone can shed extra pounds by merely standing in some awkward looking poses.
Well, the postures you take exert pressure on muscles. You need a sufficient amount of energy in maintaining the balance and staying in a posture for a few minutes and that energy comes from breaking down of fat deposits.
Although you might think it is a child’s play to stand a certain position for a while it is simply not that easy! Initially, your body is inflexible and needs a lot of exertion to hold the posture.
Please save this image on Pinterest to read it anytime! 🙂
20 Minute Powerful Yoga to Lose Weight in 10 days
Several yoga practices help in weight reduction but here are 10 of them well suited to everyone. All you need is to devote 20 minutes to yoga every day.
So whether you looking for healthier ways to maintain body weight or struggling to lose weight, these 10 beginner-friendly yoga poses will help you get in shape fast.
So without further ado, let’s get started 20 Minute Powerful Yoga to Lose Weight in 10 days.
• Lay down on your belly.
• Start lifting your body on the support of your hands and toes.
• Straighten your back; it will strengthen your core.
• You’ll feel exertion on your abs.
2. Warrior (Virabhadrasana B):
• Anchor your left foot horizontally to the ground, pointing it in the left direction.
• Exhale and extend your right foot ahead by keeping your right shin perpendicular to the floor.
• Stretch your arms, right arm in the forward direction and left arm towards back.
• It will tone your thigh and shoulders muscles.
3. Triangle (Trikonasana):
• Just keep your legs in the upper mentioned pose.
• Now bend your upper body forward a little and rotate it towards the left direction.
• Raise your left arm straight upwards and reach out for your right foot with your right arm.
• The body twist will help in better digestion and belly fat burning as well as tone up your legs and arms muscles.
4. Half boat ( ArdhaNavasana):
• Sit on the floor while stretching your legs straight ahead of you.
• Start lifting your legs upward.
• By keeping the balance with your hands on the ground, maintain this pose.
• Now lift your arms and make sure they are parallel to the ground.
• This position will help boost up metabolism.
5. Side plank (Vasisthasana):
• Lie down on one side and start lifting your body until your whole weight rests on your one foot and one hand.
• The other foot is placed over the first one and stretches the other arm towards the sky.
• Straighten the whole body.
• Shift the side and stay for another few seconds.
• Plank position works on the whole body.
6. Chair pose (Utkatasana):
• This one is somehow easy to do but put a lot of stress on your legs. You can feel it!
• Stand straight at feet hip-width apart and lift your arms over your head.
• Now bend your legs as your thighs come parallel to the ground and sit in the air!
7. Downward dog (AdhoMukhaSvanasana):
• Stand up straight, placing your feet 3-4 feet apart.
• Bend your upper body and touch the ground with your hands.
• Extend your arms on the ground in such a way that your body comes in inverted V form.
• Firmly place your feet and hands on the ground.
• This will strengthen your arms, thighs, and back.
8. Shoulder stand (Sarvangasana):
• This is one of the most challenging poses.
• Lie down on your back and start lifting your legs upward slowly.
• To support your body put your hand under your back.
• Keep straightening your legs upward until your chest comes in contact with your chin.
• This inversion boosts metabolism, balances your thyroid levels and strengthens the upper body, legs, and abs.
• Do practice it daily for a much better effect on your overall health.
9. Tree pose (Vrikshasana):
• Stand up firmly on the ground.
• Then raise your one foot from the floor and place it onto the thigh of the other leg.
• Raise your arms over your head while joining the palms.
• Works on your leg muscles.
10. Bridge (Situ Bandha Sarvangasana):
• Lie down on your back.
• Bend your legs and pull your feet back until they reach close to your hips.
• Now, raise your hips as much as you can and place your arms straight on the floor.
• This is great for weight loss.
You can simply stay in any position for as long as you feel comfortable. Plus, breathe deeply!
If you want more yoga tips and tricks, make sure to follow our Yoga & Pranayama on Pinterest! 🙂