Self Care Ideas: 101 Examples of Self Care Activities
Sometimes you need some extra care, rest, relaxation, and love. It’s time to Start caring Yourself. Self-Care is all about your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual care. Need some Self-Care Ideas? Here are 101 Simple and inexpensive Examples of Self Care Activities, anyone can do.
Before going any further, here is a big question for you.
Are you making time for yourself?
Are you still busy in achieving your goals and targets without taking care of yourself?
Or you are the person who may find that this world is expecting more from you; their demands are greater than your emotions, efforts and time.
Or Your Calendar is packed with many overdue tasks. And you start skipping important tasks.
Time to start maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself.
To remain a stable person, you need to invest time in loving yourself first.
What Exactly Self Care is?
Self-care is so important for everyone. It is the way to completely transform your life and make it brighter & happier by giving yourself some time, love and care.
“Self love is asking yourself what you need – everyday – and then making sure you receive it.” – Unknown
Self-care is the combinations of many little things and tiny habits which you like to do and enjoy yourself. It is the foundation to improve your mind, body, and soul.
In the simple words… Self-care is all about YOU.
But the most important question is…
How to start Self Care?
For this, all you have to do is take the decision. Yes, it’s that simple. Just commit yourself to do a few self-care activities daily, consistently.
Need some Self-Care related activities idea?
So here we have prepared a list of more than 100 examples of Self Care Activities which you can include in your daily routine.
For this, you don’t have to do all of them, just try to do at least one task daily and it will help you to get full benefits of relaxing and pampering yourself.
So are you ready to make your life more meaningful with these 101 simple examples of self care activities?
101 Examples of Self Care Activities
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
1. The good, the bad, the sexy, the ugly, and the smelly one too—accept yourself in all conditions.
2. Wear the clothes that make you feel comfortable and fit instead of going for fashionable clothes that you use to impress others.
3. Complete this sentence every single day after you waking up:
“I love myself because I ___________.”
4. Lower the expectations of yourself.
“It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” – Oprah Winfrey
5. Write something in a post that encourages you and put it where you will see it every single day!
6. At the end of each day, take a moment and list a few good things in your life.
7. Allowing yourself to dream big.
8. Don’t blame your parents for your current issues.
9. Allowing Yourself to make mistakes. Because this is the best way to avoiding them.
Day TO DO!
“Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place.” – Unknown
10. Do a 5-10 minute meditation session.
11. Drink more water.
12. Do a 2-3 minute walking exercise.
13. Do Yoga.
14. Breathe deeply.
15. Go to bed early.
16. Take a quick nap of 10 to 20 minutes.
17. Remind your future goals before falling into sleep.
18. Go out and spend 10 minutes under the sun.
“An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.” – Unknown
19. Make a playlist of your current mood.
20. Call someone who makes you happy.
21. Show some love to nature. pick a flower, Hug a tree, or run your fingers through the grass.
22. Read some feel-good poetry. Because being expressive in words can be such a lovely experience.
23. Call your dad, mom, or any other family member to say “Hi!”.
24. Allow yourself to daydream and fantasize.
25. Walk on the beach.
26. Talk someone about your feelings who will listen to you.
Read More: 9 Nutritious Superfoods to build muscle & Strength
Just DO this!
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
27. Get a pedicure or manicure.
28. Go for a massage.
29. Go for a bike ride.
30. Bake something just for fun.
31. Take a long bubble bath with a good book.
32. Go swim just for fun.
33. Delete items from your old to-do list.
34. Clean up your workspace area.
35. Put on a homemade face-mask.
Try Something NEW!
Never be afraid to try new things, and make some mistakes, it’s all part of life and learning.
36. Learn how to sew.
37. Try Essential Oils.
38. Try acupuncture.
39. Start a journal to record your thoughts and experiences.
40. Learn the basics of a new language.
41. Start reading a new book.
42. Go dancing and forget about any regret or shame.
43. Learn how to make a budget.
44. Start meal planning. You can take help of Healthy Meal Planning Apps.
The reward is an opportunity to stop and smell the roses that bloom as a result of your hard work.” – K. Jeffrey Miller
45. Take a couple of extra hours sleep in this weekend.
46. Congratulate yourself every time when you clear difficult things.
47. Treat yourself to a tasty food at a fancy restaurant.
48. Get that fashionable haircut you’ve been thinking.
49. Go to a nearby religious place.
Random acts of kindness!
“You will never have a completely bad day if you show kindness at least once.” – Greg Henry Quinn
50. Donate clothes that you haven’t worn in years to a charitable organization.
51. Share a kind smile with strangers on your way.
52. Carry some extra money and feed someone’s meter.
53. Do something nice for someone in an incognito mode; means no one could trace it back.
54. Go to your local animal shelter and cheers to cute little kitties and dogs.
55. Just forgive them who have hurt you in the past.
Do Something SILLY!
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” —Maya Angelou
56. For fun, Dress your dog in a funny costume and take him on tour to make others smile.
57. Take a quick nap(10-15 minutes) without an alarm.
58. Tell your cat all of your darkest, most embracing secrets.
59. Roll out a blanket and eat your food on the grass at home. Invite someone else to join.
60. Go to park and Swing on a swing set.
61. Paint your nails a fun color by using jewels, nail stickers, glitter, or anything else.
62. Create a brand new dance move(funny) and teach it to someone.
63. Share your middle school dorky pictures and drawings with your friends. Ask for your friends to share theirs too.
“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” — Jim Rohn
64. Make cookies and give them away to a friend, neighbor, family member, or someone you know.
65. Take your dad, mom, or another family member to lunch.
66. Hug someone you love; friend or family member for 10-15 seconds.
67. Host a family movie night.
68. Send a postcard to someone far away.
69. Converse positively with a representative in customer service.
70. Write a positive review of a local business you like.
“Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman
71. Listen to music that motivates and inspires you.
73. Seek out models of inspiration and read their life stories.
74. Read a blog on self-care activities.
75. Write down three things you’re thankful for.
76. Read some inspirational quotes.
“Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” – Mark Black
77. Lay on the floor/grass on your back, close your eyes for five to ten minutes and just breathe.
78. Smile and hold it for 20 seconds.
79. Sit and listen to the rain.
80. Shower with all the lights off.
81. Look at the clouds.
82. Look at the stars.
83. Listen to the sounds of nature.
84. Watch the sunset or sunrise.
85. Walk on grass for 5-10 minutes.
Do Something Random!
“You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.” – Unknown
86. Start an old-fashioned conversation with a handwritten letter to a friend.
87. Read an unfamiliar religious text.
88. Take close-up pictures of flowers, plants, bugs, and anything else that catches your eye outside your home.
89. Visit a dog park and enjoy watching the dogs play.
90. Build something awesome with Legos.
91. Create a song, an essay, a poem, a drawing, a painting or a collage, etc.
92. Do Karaoke.
93. Look at old photos.
94. Turn off your phone and step away from the computer for a whole day.
96. Volunteer at a hospital, NGO or nursing home.
97. Have a picnic.
98. Make a doctor’s appointment
99. Go for camping, hiking or backpacking and spend some time near nature.
100. Declutter something.
101. Enjoy a classic film this weekend.
When you look at this list, now you have plenty of different ideas to include in your self-care routine. I’d suggest to take note and doing one activity each day. Some of these activities can be complete in 30 seconds.
Do you have something that I can add here? You are welcomed to share that.
May you be happy, healthy and safe – always. lots of love!