69 Better Sleep Tips To Help You Sleep Like A Baby
Are you feeling tired and groggy this morning?
Is this because you couldn’t sleep well last night?
It took you too longer than normal to fall asleep. And once you sleep, you easily awoke multiple times in the night.
Overall you are facing trouble to sleep. It shows that your sleep quality is so poor or inadequate.
This poor sleep has many negative effects on your body and mind. Low sleep quality may increase the risk of many dangerous diseases such as insomnia, heart diseases, stroke, weight gain, skin damages etc.
Sleep is so necessary for you, it allows your body to recuperate. And it takes just a few steps to drastically improve the quality of sleep.
Our sleep depends on various different factors such as daily physical activity, diet, habits, lifestyle and especially the environment where we live.
Here are we come up with 69 Better Sleep Tips around these areas. Consider incorporating some of these tips will surely provide you some help to get pleasing dream-rich sleep.
Pin This 👆 Image to Your Wellness Board!
69 Quick Better Sleep Tips to Help You Sleep
1. Develop a Sleeping Ritual and stick to it. (Important One)
2. Sync your body with the natural sleeping time 10 pm to 6 Am.
3. Researchers suggest aiming a continues 7 to 9 hours sleep.
4. Give yourself some extra time to make up the lost sleep. Afternoons between 1 pm to 3 pm are perfect!
5. Always make sure you are falling asleep at the optimum sleep hours, between 2 am to 4 am.
6. Wake up early with the help of natural light.
7. Take a 10 to 30 minutes power nap during the day. Don’t exceed it more than 30 minutes.
8. Studies have found, exercise promotes better sleep.
9. Morning workout (cardio, strength, and yoga) is not just good to build strength and endurance—it may also help you improve sleep quality.
10. Warm your body after wake up with some yoga moves.
11. Meditation has profound effects, a proper mindfulness meditation routine can help you fall asleep faster.
12. Reserve the bed for only bedtime activities so your mind links the bedroom with rest and relaxation.
13. Consider sleeping on your side. It helps your shoulders and neck to be relaxed.
14. Choose the comfortable mattress and pillows best for your body weight and sleeping style.
15. Keep your bed in top shape with proper care and maintenance.
16. Wash your bedsheets and pillow covers weekly.
17. Clean your mattress and pillows at least in every few months.
18. Replace your mattress in every 8 years and pillows in every 2 years.
19. Make sure your bed is big enough so you stretch and move without disturbing your partner.
20. Wear a Sleep mask.
21. Your bed position should as far away from the door as possible, according to the Feng Shui. Practically, it avoids noise and light to disturb you.
22. Another practical but Feng Shui concepts, you should make your bedroom clutter free especially with plenty of space.
23. Create sleep comfortable room environment in your bedroom! Here a variety of things you can do with it. Like colors of bedroom walls, scents, lightning, plants etc.
24. Your bedroom color should be calming and relaxing for you. Blue may come first for this title.
25. A bad laundry detergent can make you feel itchy, in short enough to disturb while sleeping. Choose a non-bio detergent.
26. Obviously, your room should free from any kind of unknown, bad or dirty odors. Try out lavender essential oil smell that drifts off to better sleep.
27. Your room should be cooler for better sleep. The best temperature for sleeping is around 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
28. Ideal lighting for sleeping, so darker is better.
29. Put some indoor plants in your room, such as lavender or lily. These plants are not just good to improve the quality of air and reduce the toxins — they smell good and promotes dream-rich sleep.
30. Read a book to fall asleep in a natural way.
31. Get a separate blanket, If your partner stealing your blanket. LOL!
32. Kick out your fluffy pets from the bed.
34. Feeling hungry in the bed? Eat some fresh cherries. They are a good source of melatonin.
35. Journaling is one of the best ways to reduce stress and anxiety. Write Journal for 15 minutes every day.
36. Take hot shower or bath before going to bed.
37. Drink something hot before going to bed helps you fall asleep fast. What’s about lukewarm Milk?
38. You may have a sleep diary if you want to track your sleep.
39. Have a cup of Chamomile Tea.
40. Check out some cool sleep better apps.
41. Eat magnesium-rich foods such as spinach, kale, pumpkin seeds, avocado etc.
42. Avoid overeating at Dinner.
43. Don’t eat late in the evening.
44. Have walk after dinner.
45. Eat light or low-carb diet in the evening.
46. Try out this Herbal Sleep Tea with Valerian Root, Balm Lemon & Chamomile, before going go to bed.
47. Don’t forget to invest some time out in fresh air and daylight.
48. Don’t exercise heavy before climbing to bed. Instead, do some breathing exercise or a prayer would be a great idea.
50. Don’t take long daytime naps.
51. Don’t hit the snooze button. Your this action leads to low quality sleep afterward, in short… fatigue feeling entire day.
52. Instead of TV, listen to the radio to help fall asleep fast.
53. Avoid watching clock’s ticking or any artificial lights coming from electronic devices.
54. Snoring may lead you to some serious health problems such as sleep apnea. Combat snoring as soon as possible.
55. Don’t turn and toss, if you don’t fall asleep for more than 20 minutes. Just get up and try to do some mind relaxing things such as reading, listening mellow music or meditation.
56. Coffee stimulates your mind. Avoid drinking Coffee after the noon.
57. Wear blue blocking glasses if it is urgent to work on electronic devices.
58. Not breathing properly may be a reason for your bad quality of sleep. Try breathe-right strip to help you breathe properly.
59. Listen some low paced soothing music.
60. Avoid digital screen at least 2 hours before heading to bed.
61. White noise producing apps are quite popular in these days. Unlike the regular noises, white noise doesn’t change randomly and induces to better sleep.
62. Try out some sleep better gadgets.
63. Install an app that blocks blue light coming from the smartphone.
64. Brushing before going to bed is a good habit. But avoid peppermint in toothpaste if possible.
65. Quit smoking now!
66. Don’t drink alcohol late.
67. Try to use the bathroom right before heading to bed.
68. Take a melatonin supplement to fall asleep fast and improve quality of sleep.
69. If you not sleeping well for a prolonged time now, then just go and talk to a doctor.
Don’t Forget to Share This valuable Info with your Family and Friends.